Chef (32-38 hrs.)
The new Aristo Kitchen at our Amsterdam meeting center opened in September 2018. We are looking for an experienced chef to join the team.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO...
- Work in a brand new restaurant kitchen with the latest state-of-the art equipment?
- Avoid too many evening and weekend shifts?
- Prepare delicious dishes for the buffet and devise new recipes?
- Help to create a modern à la carte menu?
- Work as part of the team responsible for optimizing the Aristo Kitchen, to include planning, purchasing and budgeting?
- Work according to Health & Safety standards and instructions? (including HACCP)
COME AND TALK TO ARISTO!
Work wise ... join Aristo
IT IS NOT ONLY OUR GUESTS WHO BECOME WISER AT ARISTO... THE ENTIRE ARISTO TEAM HELPS US ALL TO BECOME A DAY WISER!
About this opportunity
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working alongside a team of enthusiastic colleagues, you will ensure that our guests have everything they might need. Specific duties in this role include:
- Coordinating day-to-day activities in the kitchen.
- Preparing lunches and dinners, with particular attention to excellent presentation.
- Assisting in various food preparation activities.
- Helping to devise new ideas and concepts.
- Receive, check and store incoming orders of food products and kitchen articles.
- Supervise compliance with safety regulations.
- HSE, HACCP and working/presentation methods.
- Produce order lists and place with suppliers.
OUR TEAM WOULD PREFER TO WORK WITH A CHEF WHO:
- Can manage a motivated and disciplined team.
- Would also be willing to work at our location in Utrecht (on an occasional basis).
- Is responsible, motivated, flexible and guest-oriented.
- Has completed S.V.H. Level 3 (or equivalent) and has at least 2 years’ work experience in the kitchen/banqueting.
- Has mastered modern cooking methods and skills.
- Works systematically.
- Is familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Accreditation as an apprenticeship scheme instructor would be an advantage (but not a formal requirement).
ARE THESE THE RIGHT INGREDIENTS FOR YOU?
- Challenging and varied work with the leading specialist in business meeting organization.
- A company that continues to grow and supports your own personal development.
- No two days the same.
- A friendly team that combines hard work and enjoyment.
- Salary (based on age and experience) according to the Collective Labor Agreement for the Catering and Hospitality Industries (‘Horeca CAO’).
- Convenient working hours.
APPLICATIONS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Please submit your letter of application and CV to email@example.com. For further information, call Sacha on 088 230 1066.